Sunday, December 9, 2018

BOHICA - 2019!




Are you a fan of New Years Resolutions?

Personally, I'm more of a fan of personal resolutions. These can be put into place at any time during the year.

Along with this, I'm incorporating, we teach people how to treat us. Also known as, only treat others as one of your priorities when they also treat you as a priority.

Life happens, this is true. When being on someone's "back burner" is viewed as ongoing instead of an event, it's obvious that you are not a priority to that person. 

It's time to reorder your own priorities.

Wasting your time & energy on another person who views you as just another option is only frustrating when you allow this treatment to continue. 
You are teaching them that you're content as one option of many.

Did you notice that I said that you feel this way, you are treated this way, you are simply one of many. 
Here's another "you".
You can choose differently.
You can put the people you prioritize in a different order.

This is something I have been evaluating, lately. Having given this some thought, listened to Dr. Ramani Durvasula's interviews, it makes sense to start prioritizing those who prioritize me, also viewing those who treat me as an option & treating them as an option.

She is known simply as Dr. Ramani. She's a very insightful counselor, therapist, I guess? Her observations make a lot of sense, can provide wisdom to navigate through this life on Earth.

Having listened to her interviews for a couple of months has led me to a decision. The decision is to start, in 2019, to begin to treat those who treat me as an option, as options in return. Also, to begin to treat those who treat me as a priority, as my priority in return.

There's a feeling of peace that comes with this decision. This is how I know that it's a necessary step. Having a very loving & giving heart, I have treated as many people as I could with loving care, as a priority. 

When people who are supposed to care, keep me on a back burner consistently, it's time to put them lower on the list of my priorities.

Being kind, begins with being kind to yourself. Even the air travel industry knows that you must don your own oxygen to help others.

I'm going where the air is pure, clean, refreshing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...