Wednesday, October 3, 2018

The Gain

I have been naughty.

😏

For, let's just say, a number of years, food was a scarcity for me. Sometimes I was surviving on oatmeal & popcorn. Not even popcorn chicken! Yeah. Old school popcorn.

For 2-3 months at a time, I was barely surviving on one egg per day. A very dear & kind person helped me with this. If not for this friend, I would have gone on this way for much longer.

When I received a great deal of fortune last November, I was able to afford to live, finally! To be able to live almost half as well as the ex huzz has been living for 10 years in his disregard of the mother of his four children.
I began eating everything I couldn't afford to eat for a few years!

She who indulges, bulges!

Sounds funny, yet, is actually very sad when it happens to you.

It happened to me, or rather, I did it to myself. Taking responsibility for personal actions is so very crucial. 
Taking responsibility = Keeping personal power.

Betwixt November 2017 - April 2018 I gained 40 lbs!!!!!!

When I finally woke up from my food coma, I began the pain after the party!
Yup.
Taking the weight off is way less fun than putting it on.

I have lost 20 of the 40, yet, 20 lbs to go! Then, the work of getting back on track with fitness goals........again.

Am I sad?
Am I discouraged?

NOPE!
In Texas speak ~ Hell, no!

Making the conscious decision to veer off the fitness course I was on, I have made the conscious decision to get back on track! 

I have too many cute clothes to fit back into! I have a really sweet bathing suit I like. Feeling cute for myself is a great feeling.

I go to the gym by myself, for myself. In the past, I had gym buds, workout partners ~ if they were even a little inconsistent, it affected my motivation. More than a little inconsistent?
Killed my motivation.
I have learned to have my Mp3 Player as my workout partner. It's consistent, it's always there when I'm ready. No waiting, no cancel outs, no late starts or early starts.
My Mp3 player is the perfect workout bud!

Once per month, I do a near clear of my music. Keeping only a few songs, mostly replacing workout music with whatever is new!
Keeping it fresh, keeping it new. Au courant!

Starting in October ~ that's 2 days ago ~ BABY! I'm back!





No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...