Wednesday, October 17, 2018

The Final

It can only stick to the words that were said
Playing in a loop deep inside my head
Alienating those who heard with both ears
The worst variety of such common fears
Resulting in many of my repentant tears
An apology or a gift or a gesture so grand
Cannot erase the pain caused by my hand
Living with regret in my heart in my mind
The worst self discovery I ever did find
Moving forward with the knowledge of what I've done
It's oh so true it constantly kills so much fun
While loving those who are disconnected to my life
The regret I live with cuts so deep like a knife

******************************************************************

It's important to change to something which will serve you better, turning away from that which should be abandoned. 

Some may ask, "Do you have any regerts?   :)

YES! There are so many things I would go back to change if it were possible.

Smiling more each and every day
Helping more people
Finishing my college degree
Extinguishing my vengeful nature earlier in life
( I have it handled, now!)
Left the Hawai'ian islands
I would have started going to the gym right after my first baby was born.

There's more. The list has been shortened to the top 7 for brevity.

Life is final
I know it so well
Grudges forge our own hell!
When I do good
There is no expectation
Or need of payback
For praise  or return done


Do good in the world, you will cause a positive, needed ripple in the world.
All, yes all people have infinite worth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...