Friday, October 12, 2018

The Fem Art

Hey guys!

It's sometimes kinda tough being a girl.

There are so many facets, possibilities, trends often end as soon as they start. Keeping up can be exhausting or fun!

In this girls experience? It's more fun than anything!

As an adolescent, there was nearly zero exposure to how to apply makeup, how to care for skin, hair, the effect of diet on appearance!

When taking steps into the wider world, it was somewhat overwhelming.

It was so foreign to me that ~

There are people who make a living from giving mani/pedi, facials!
Some ladies pay to have their hair care professionally done.
There were thousands of perfumes as well as perfumed everything!
Glowing skin can happen naturally by drinking a lot of water!
Having light green eyes is the least common color.

Having enlisted in the military, I was far from the familiar. First Texas, then Hawai'i from the small town life in Michigan! There were no familial contacts to bounce ideas off of.
Astounding!
Is it any wonder that I was astounded?

When working as a free lance model in Hawai'i (yeah, that would have made my commander, sad!) the other models were such great sources of information, skin care, makeup techniques. Learning as much from them as possible was a great opportunity!

The information shared by other models, helped. It put me on the path of discovery!

Wearing a lot of makeup just feels wrong, to me, so, while I experimented, using a light application felt best.

Taking good care of skin, hair, nails & some weight management is serving me well.
As always, it feels good to share with other ladies who are in wonder as to how to take care of their skin.

I'm one who loves-loves to help others. I would have been a GREAT nurse, doctor or even a PA.
Love to help. To alleviate suffering.

In this life I have, I enjoy taking good care of myself.
Total being.
As new items, new information enters my peripheral, I investigate. After all, it caught my attention for a reason! Yes, I believe, it did!

It's obvious when a person takes care of themselves.
also
When they refrain.

The enjoyment I get from taking care of myself with skin treatments, mani/pedi, meditation, super conditioning my baby fine hair, just feels good! 
Recently, a very caring, very thoughtful person gifted me with some skin & hair treatments from a very good line which I had never heard of.
OMGoodness - me! I am hooked!
The overnight facial treatment has made a visible difference in my skin. Although no one else has noticed - I noticed!
These treatments are from a company that is more natural than 90% of the cosmetic companies out there. 
Mostly, refraining from putting chemicals on my skin is best.
Loving this cosmetics line I received as a gift.

Although I had slowed down in workouts, steadily bouncing back is a good feeling! (Depression sux!)
Lifting heavier weights is necessary to progress.
Sessions ended with my fantastic PT.  :(

Still taking care of myself is a life commitment!!!!!

"Call me when you're through, take care of you!"
(Bonus, if you know who said that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...