Sunday, February 26, 2017

Recovery Time

Just in case you haven't picked up on this facet of ~

MOI

I'm a sensitive girl. I love deeply, feel deeply, care deeply.

To the objects of my affections, this feels heart warming, even a bit flattering.
It's less than a picnic to care so much in a world of selfish individuals where people love things & use other people.
Occasionally, a fresh breath of humanity breezes in my direction, giving me a glimpse of kindness. 
It touches me, sweetly!
Last night, I had 2 surprising phone calls. 
I will focus on call # 2.
Am still unsure as to how he got my cell number 
but, m'kay!
A guy I had been romantically seeing, several years ago, called me to talk for a few minutes. We had dated for several months. He began making unkind remarks to me, about me, being generally negative. The more I tried to find out where the hostility toward me was originating from, the more hostile he became. Finally, I told him that we were needing to call it a day, go our separate ways. The flood gates of profanity opened from his sweet, kissable mouth!
We were at an upscale restaurant. 
Making a hasty retreat, I didn't walk away from him. 
I RAN!
Laying in my bed that night, every little noise startled me. That was 6 years ago. Lots has happened since then.

After recovering from the shock of hearing his voice, again, mainly,  I listened to what he had to say. He spoke, I listened. 
He told me that he'd had some time to ponder our time together. Having dated a few girls since then (it's been 6 years!), he told me that he had wanted to tell me how he was sorry for treating me so badly, when I had been a fireball & a sweetheart to him. 
Just the very type of girl who "does it" for him.
No, he didn't want to start up, again with me. Nor did I wish to start anything new with him. He had moved to Alaska, I'm living in Texas. No WIH would I move to Alaska, ever. 

This very candid conversation healed my heart a bit. Healed the stunted desire to have a man in my life. Incompleteness, yes. It's a start to recovery.
It won't lead to getting back with him, I have low desire of that ilk, yet, I felt something knitting back together. My heart.
Where will this lead?
IDK
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...