Friday, February 3, 2017

I Believe

Okay, peeps, it's coming up whether you like it or not! Just as sure as the sun will eventually rise, just as sure as death & taxes!

Whether you are single, married, shacking up, screwing around (single or married) or in something complicated ~ Valentines Day!

I have remained single for 10 years by choice. Working on myself, making myself into the best version of myself that I can.

Physically ~ Hittin' the gym, eating clean.
Mentally ~ Only keeping healthy relationships in my life, most go away on their own, some of them needed a little help. *smile*
Emotionally ~ Nurturing myself inside out.
Spiritually ~ Worked my way back to my faith. Finally able to say morning & evening prayers & read evening scripture without becoming enraged.

Through it all, I have always believed in love.
Love for that higher power
Love for self
Love for others
Love for animals
Love for the world
Love in my heart to give when it's safe

The strongest force in the Universe is love. 

This is the reason, I celebrate Valentines Day in my own unique way. I hope the guys reading this are still here, avoiding being jaded by the demands placed on them by the females in your lives on Valentines Day.

Keep tracking!

For the last 10 years, since I have been single, I have made it my way of celebrating the pseudo holiday in a real way.

If money is there, I order 1 dozen red roses,I tie one long strand of red & 1 of white onto each individual rose. As I go through my day, I hand 1 rose to people who I either know or don't know, who seem like they need a bit of love.

If the money isn't there for flowers, as the floral prices get jacked up to almost triple around Feb 14, I have a plan B!

Plan B: Buy a bag of Hersheys Kisses in red & silver, divide the whole bag into 12 groups of "kisses". Wrap in cellophane individually, tie 1 red & 1 white strand of curling ribbon.

Plan C: Buy a package of the "message candy hearts". As I see each potential recipient, I ask their name, then write it on the box, hand it to them saying, 
"Happy Valentines Day"

Have only gone to plan "C" 3 time in 10 years.
If I had to develop a "Plan D", I have a very fertile imagination! Very creative!

With this long diatribe, the message is that Valentines Day is about love and not JUST about the demands on guys to deliver.

Guys need love, too!

Yes, yes you do!

So if you're single in any capacity?

Happy _alentines _ay if you're not getting the V or the D!


No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...