Monday, February 6, 2017

Testo or Estro?

BOTH!

I'm talking about (to help you track the dialogue!) Talking about testosterone & estrogen.

It isn't love that makes the human species keep procreating! 

It's hormones, baby!

Most people have them, some have more, some have less. 

Testosterone ~ Typically a male hormone that drives guys, everywhere, sometimes to places they should have steered clear of.
Girls have it, too, some have more, some have less, very few females have the same amount of it as guys do, yet, there are a few.

Estrogen ~ Typically a female hormone, although guys do have a small amount of it, some have more, some have less. Hopefully, there are very few guys who have as much estrogen as a girl.

A few years ago, I participated in a study that was done by a group of college students, studying testosterone in women. Interesting?
In the study, they put me in the very top, which means, I have, naturally, higher testosterone than most women. 
Wow!

This explains my high energy level! Have always been a high energy person, no signs of slowing down. 

From this study, here are a few things I have learned:

~ Fish oil does not contain testosterone, yet, it's enzymes free up whatever testosterone is in the body when taken orally.

~ In protein shakes & powders, soy protein is estrogen, whey protein is testosterone.

~ Drinking alcoholic beverages causes whatever estrogen is in the body, to be activated.

~ Tofu and all other soy products are estrogen.

Other foods containing estrogen ~ 

Flax seeds, sesame seeds, dried fruits, chick peas (hummus), peas, beans, soy milk, bran cereals.

Foods containing testosterone:

~ Tuna
~ Egg yolks
~ Anything fortified with Vitamin D
~ Oysters
~ Shell fish (lobster, crab, shrimp)
~ Beef
~ White, kidney & black beans

Estrogen blockers:
(this will block the hormone, the ladies will still like you!)

~Cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, brussels sprouts, bok choi, kale.

Foods & drink that lower testosterone: 

Black Licorice (one of my favorites!)
Anything with any species of mint in it
Alcohol drinks
Any soy products
Eating too many vegetables, not much protein

Disclaimer:

I am NOT a medical doctor. 
Who I am, is a simple girl on a fitness quest, studying & looking for more information always.
Sharing knowledge to help others with what I have learned, is my intent.

Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...