Sunday, May 1, 2016

I Come to You


I come to you as a fleeting thought during your day
As the memory of it all when you kneel to pray

I come to you in the loneliness of a sleepless night
Although you put up walls in a futile fight

I come to you

I come to you when the endless number of women are gone
When the bed smells of sweat in the sheets they laid upon

Their charms fell short of what you so eagerly expected
You think about the heart of the special one you neglected

I come to you

I come to you when you're relaxing when your mind is free
You think of how I hurt you and you think of how you hurt me

Remembering the sweet times of the laughter and of the tears
How I held your body your heart how I calmed your fears

I come to you

I come to you so softly on the battlefield of your mind
My laugh my smile the sweet love you thought you left behind

I'm still with you wherever you are though it was long ago
You still remember me and my heart longs for you to know

You come to me

*************************************************

~ Brenda ~


No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...