Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Who do you love? What do you love?


People love all different things, styles, people for many different reasons. They may love places, scents, sounds, music, sights.
But, why?
People may forget your name, a place, a sound, a scent, a person.
They will remember how it or they made them feel.

I love people.

I have many reasons to not love people.

I choose to love.

The feeling associated with people, I remember places I've lived, places I've visited, sounds, aromas.These memories live in my heart, my thoughts, they are in my dreams at night, sometimes in my daydreams if I need to retreat when life goes dark.
I'm alone in the world.
Single by choice.
I refuse to settle just to have someone in my life.
Better to be completely alone than to feel alone with someone. Have been there, did that, it's miserable. I look to the positive, it's everywhere! As naïve, as Pollyanna as this sounds, I see people as they really are. They may have been physically injured, missing limbs, disfigured. They may be battling obesity or struggling to keep weight on. Some people are in a marriage that they thought was going to be happy, yet, it only poses unhappy situations that they never, never believed they would find themselves in. Not knowing what to do, seeing no way out of a difficult relationship. Some people are battling drug addiction, alcohol addiction, deep dark depression, anxiety.
All of us have battles that cause us pain. As very human individuals, we experience deep pain. Even if it's just from admitting it only to ourselves, our deep struggles, our deep pain. All of us are battling on different levels, the very same struggles, our own personal devils.

I hear and see all of these miseries. It hurts me when I see this.

Of course, I can't solve the worlds problems.

I would if I could.

I see people as they really are. The way they were created to be.

Their shining attractiveness. Their smile, beautiful eyes, the way they are in their heart, in their spirit, such beauty. I see this.

If people would realize who they are, see themselves as they really are, far more wondrous than life, than the world has made them into. Far above what the other people in the world see them as.
They would rise up, then never, ever, ever be the same again.

I choose to love.

I choose love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...