Sunday, June 2, 2019

Am I SOL?

The title, "Am I SOL?" is part statement, part question. 

Maybe I have been watching/listening to, too many psychology podcasts. Too many kumbaya you tuber geniuses. Maybe, I'm just fine.
I feel just fine. Feelin' grrrrroooooovy!

I hear the advice against things I do less of now, did too much in the past while I was processing, working to find my way.

I did a bit too much LDS in the 80s & 90s.  😁
Not so much when everyone except 1 person turned their back on me when marital problems started with the ensuing divorce.

Peeps!

I have felt so lost in the past. Oops, I did it again.

The wannabe psychologists on You Tube & various podcasts caveat:

Don't talk about the past
Don't talk about your ex (or exes)
Don't talk about your resentments about the past
Never admit your faults
Never admit to your fears
Talk about yourself as little as possible

Daaaaang, I'm screwed by those standards.

The dang thang is that when other people breach these pseudo psychological no fly zones, it awakens in me, the feeling, the sleeping emotion. That which I had not thought about for many days, weeks, months, sometimes even years! The tiger awakens.

Like Mary's kittle lamb, I trot along with them until...……………...
the same person who had been kvetching about some past or present event in their life, tells me to stop doing what they, themselves had started. Say whaaa?

While it all makes sense, human behaviors often don't.

In the recent past, I have made my mistakes, have made peace with my demons, have gotten to this point with more clarity, less damage.
It has been a journey of healing, self discovery. Also a journey 
of emerging from an emotional state of chrysalis, fighting my way out of the cocoon to emerge with new wings.
It was pain filled, oh, yes. 
Some semblance of growth is still yet to be.

For the most part?

Having learned that the "experts" fall short in defining everyone.

You define you
I define me
One size fits all is a myth

Be thelemic

Just roll around, you'll be alright!

Peace out


No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...