Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Military Mindset Human Heart



If you could read my mind right now
You would be sobbing in tears
Wondering why you did it and how

The moment hit me so hard today
Remembering how badly it hurt me
When I knew you had gone away

I had been hurt so many times before
This hurt too much when it hit me
Nothing else had ever hurt me more

Having been beaten almost unto death
Because of your actions and also mine
Those loving words underneath your breath

I have been:
Beaten
Cheated on
Raped
Lied to
Financially devastated
Depressed
Suicidal
Self loathed
Slandered
Robbed
Discriminated against

None of these hurt as much as your emotional punch to my gut
Nor has anything hurt quite as much as when I lost you then
Never will it ever happen to me again because ya know what?

I am:
Stronger
Happier
Healthier
More financially secure
More successful
More careful
Less trusting
Less kind
Less forgiving

Being careful with my heart as I should have been
Is a part of the new me who has changed for the better
Since you there's no one, though I will always love men

Thank you my love for such important life lessons
You are far away from me in so many ways now
I only wish you love and joy and all good blessings 

Finally, I developed the strength to release you



No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...