Saturday, June 29, 2019

Hole Heart Whole Heart


This heart of mine is a wild seven pound creature
It's a good thing that my ribs are such a strong cage
The most important of it's deterrent feature
Still cannot hold it back when it wants to rage

My heart is not a virgin it has not been one for years
It was broken too many times to be called as such
It has seen too many torrents of sobs of tears
Indeed my heart has been played with way too much

I shoulda protected my heart much more than I did
I coulda been more careful with my loving ways
I woulda secured it with lock and key then hid
On those which were my most vulnerable days

Now I know the lessons which I have learned so well
To be less open to all the flowery word sayers
Who had no qualms as they put me through hell
With their lies their games those insidious players

Right now my heart is still broken though I hope to heal
It takes some time to mend it with the passage of time
Untangling what is false from that which is real
Lots of expression outlet in  my prose with my rhyme

Friends can surely help while they can only do so much
Ultimately it's up to me to do the work to self heal
To find my way back to happy to get back in spirit touch
Loving my body with more action will affect how I feel

Baby steps baby softness baby I'll get there I know
One day at a time I will become stronger each day
If I work it I'll get back to my former mojo
Already I'm feeling it as if I'm surely finding my way

 

2 comments:

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...