Saturday, April 14, 2018

Vocal Quality

When I answer my cellie, then hear the greeting:

"Hi Mom!"

I know who it is. My first born, sweet baby who is now an elderly baby. She has a unique perspective, one of a kind, her own way of doing things.
People tell me she looks a lot like me.

WHAA??????

Looking at this gorgeous girl with a deviously creative mind, a heart of gold, if she looks so much like me I'm one hot mama!

She's quite a surprise, starting at birth. You see, I have strawberry blonde hair with light green eyes. When I named her in my heart at the age of 15, I pictured her looking more like me.
She was so beautiful at birth, just as she was. A full head of fine black hair that curled up at the ends, violet eyes.
She was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen and she was mine, all mine! That was my first impression of motherhood.

Watching her grow, mature, go through her trial & error, I held my breath, held back from helping her too much. Loving her enough to believe in her that she could handle life as I had taught her to.

When we were making her wedding dress, although she was late or a no show for half of the fitting appointments, I'm still happy that we did it. She looked so beautiful in her Hawai'ian wedding dress!

Married to her prince of choice, she will only live close enough to me to drive for a visit for 2.5 months longer. *sigh*

When I visit her, in San Antonio, at the end of my visit, she stands in the front yard, seeing me off as I prepare to drive away. Her long brown beautiful hair, gleaming eyes, her sweet smile, I see my little girl, again.

I love her so much. 

**************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...