Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Breathe in, Breathe out

Day to day, I have a decent life. As the colloquialism goes, there is always someone who has it easier or better, there is always someone who has it worse.

Most mornings, I wake up, that's a good start!

Sitting up, in my bed, I immediately say morning prayers, thanking Him for a restful night of sleep. Thanking Him for all that's right in my life, giving Him the thanks, praise and glory for what I have, Acknowledging his hand in my life. Asking Him to watch over me, help me to be who he wants me to be, do that which is pleasing to Him.
Asking for very little except when I ask him to help me to listen more, talk less.
Asking for little, saying a heartfelt "thank you" mostly.

Morning "routine" is to go into the powder room, brush teeth with a natural home made tooth paste, rinse my face with tepid water no soap. A body rinse in the shower. I apply a home made essential oil mixture with a base of Argon oil, to face, neck, chest, hands, arms, elbows, legs, knees while my skin is wet.

I sleep in my Birthday suit :).

I put workout clothes on, yoga pants - skin tight! A T-Shirt. At this point, I stand on one foot in Tree pose, count to 50. Switch sides, do it again. Socks go on, gym shoes.

Go to the kitchen area. Retrieve fish oil capsules from freezer, zinc & biotin and a 16 oz bottle of water from the fridge. A second bottle for ingesting fish oil & nutrients.

Taking a deep breath, I uncap the water, put the opened top to my lips, upside down and drink it all down at once. I feel the cold water infuse my body with LIFE!!!!
Coffee is something I have stayed clear of. Water is my DOC!
Drink of Choice!
After, I swallow my zinc & biotin. Then, shake some fish oil capsules into my hand. Usually 6 or as many as 10. I leave it to chance.
Keeping fish oil in the freezer for a minimum of 24 hours before ingesting, eliminates the fish-burp, fishy after taste. I keep my fish oil in the freezer all the time, it works for me!

If I wake up extremely early, such as 4 am or 5, I go straight to the gym. If I wake up later, such as 10 am or later, I go to the library to use the internet with my iPad or even a desk top at the 'bary!
I created my own FB page to sell & make money while reducing clutter. Having started on FB pages created by others, soon, it was a pita to deal with their nit picky stinky lil rules. So, I created my own where I can do as I wish without being micro-managed. The page is growing in numbers!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223037181488826/

Blogging, looking to see what's happening in the world, checking emails, FB, etc. Part of life, for me.

After a couple hours in the library, I hit the gym. Arriving at the gym, I step inside, listening to my body, momentarily. 
The body is the boss, knows what it needs, I stand & deliver!

Most days, it's yoga first, then strength, then cardio. Some days, light cardio or skip cardio!
The body needs less cardio than it used to.

Allowing myself to eat only after a workout adds to my motivation to work out! 
Still, love my workouts!
They make me feel alive, energized, stronger, more positive!!!

After the gym, I'm HUNGRY!

Lately, I have been eating a lot of sweet potatoes, avocado, turkey breast, small red beans. Any combo of the 3, sometimes only small red beans with a sliced avocado. 

The obesity that many people struggle with is caused by eating too much at a sitting. Having trained myself to eat less has benefited me.

I still indulge in ice cream or candy or cookies, occasionally. The 80/20 rule is best. Eat healthy 80% of the time. Have to enjoy life, a little bit of the bad stuff is okay. I work it off at the gym, burn it off throughout the day. It's working for me.

Home is the best & healthiest place to go to eat!

After a small meal, I pop a CD from the audio book, whatever's current, into the CD player & settle in for some needlework time. I have to finish a Just Nan pattern - 4 Wishes for a sweet lady who has been patiently waiting. The border on it is a real mofo! I had to rip it out & re-do it several times. UGH.

As ye sew, so shall ye rip!

The rest of the day is anyone's guess. Sometimes, the depression tries to grab me, so, even if it's only 5 pm, I go to sleep for the night.
My PTSD is hell. The nightmares are beyond hell.

So, that's the life of a Simple Girl in a Complex World!

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...