Friday, January 6, 2017

Listen


Can you hear the words or can you simply hear sound? 

People talk, people listen.

Many talk and are only waiting to talk some more, instead of hearing the other person. 

Myself?

My morning prayer always asks for the guidance to listen more, talk less, feel with a spirit of discernment not only what others are saying, yet, hear what they are not saying, vocally.

The gift of discernment has always been with me. Since I was a child, being tutored by the Spirit has benefited me greatly, when I listened, that is.
The times when I didn't listen........ohhhhhh boy, did I ever pay the price! 
That, in itself was a life lesson.

As I move on through time, yes, move on through time, because I refuse to grow up! Me & Peter Pan are kindred spirits! 
Old?
What's that?
I know that I defy the stereotype of my age.
Resentment flares in me, when people try to "figure me out".
They will have a rough time, when they try.

I have been told by close associates that I have the body of a 30 year old, the playful spirit of a 5 year old, the wisdom of an 80 year old with the fearless attitude of a 16 year old. My energy level is still very high, my body still thinks it's 25, my mind is very sharp & a bit of a smart ass!
My age?

I'm between 18 and 200, yet, closer to 18! HAH!

Maybe, a mixture of all those ages.
 I can't be put into a little box. Boxes for humans are called coffins or caskets, only when dead.

Baby, I'm so full of life, I'm very alive, ALIVE & listening to everything around me. More importantly, Listening to the people around me. It's a belief that people want to be heard. I want to be heard, so, maybe, you do, too!

Having also heard that everything is either LOVE or a cry for LOVE.
Maybe this is true, just maybe.

What if, just one day of your life, you make a conscious effort to listen more, talk less. You might already do this. If you do, you're way ahead of me. 

I will listen when people talk, to process their verbal & non-verbal message. It can be a fascinating personal social experiment. Listening to non-verbal messages, I can tell when someone is lying to me. Let them talk. Let them believe they are playing me, they are only fooling themselves, yet, I listen to them as they talk.

Listen to the animals and their unknown languages. Squirrels & birds, in particular. Dogs & cats have been domesticated, living with people for so long. They present less challenge to read. 
I like a challenge!

There is a large nest of squirrels above the house I'm currently living in. I bought a squirrel feeder at a second hand shop for 50 cents. I put it out there, empty, to see what would happen.
The squirrels came around, they knew what it was. When they saw that it was empty, they made some higher pitched clucky- chirpy noises that I have heard from squirrels before.
I only put a little bit of food in it, there is one squirrel with an all black head & an all black tail. Seems to be the ringleader.
That squirrel ate all the food, guarding the feeder, then eating the food intermittently, while the other squirrels made the angry noises.
I had to leave the house.
When i returned, the feeder was on the ground. I guess THEY showed ME!
2 days later.
I filled the feeder all the way. The black tailed squirrel, came to investigate, ate his/her fill, then, clucked to the others, to come to the feeder!
When the feeder was empty, again, the squirrels gathered, watching my door. When I came out, they all began making their clucking noises, a lower pitch than previously.

Watching & listening, as it turns out is something that is of great benefit in the animal world!

The point?

Try, for whatever time suits you, to watch & listen, see what happens!

Minus the clucking, of course.

Other people might not appreciate being clucked over.
*smile*

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...