Sunday, January 8, 2017

Take Action!

I'm an action taker
A rule breaker
A rule keeper
A truth seeker
A lover of men
Seeker often
Romantic always
Sad on rainy days
Fitness talk excites me
Flirting often invites me
My love runs deep
Something to keep
A fiery minx
A mysterious sphinx
A little girl lost
All at a cost

I take action when challenged. Swiftly, with rapid calculations of the mind, I will devise a plan, then execute. 
Being nice, kind, sweet, generous, all are easy for me, however, as cliche' as this sounds, mistaking my sweetness & kindness for weakness is a huge mistake as a perpetrator will find sooner instead of later.
In military training, it was drilled into me that if someone attacks, if there has to be a winner and a loser, to make certain that I am the winner. Thus, this is part of my character. To self protect.

After all, I am in this world, alone. Single Girl, Complex World.

Years ago, I learned to survive, to depend upon myself, alone. I'm single, alone, no family close by, very few friends. 
Life has taught me that very few people can be trusted with my heart, with my body, with money, with trust placed in them.

Depending only upon myself, my own strength, intelligent thinking, discernment, there is no proverbial lion at the gate to protect me, to keep me safe. I became my own lion at the gate.

Loving to help & serve others gives me great happiness, great fulfillment, Even that, has to be done carefully, so as to keep predatory people who would try to use that purely innocent desire to con & manipulate anyone gullible enough to believe their lies. Whatever they seek to dishonestly gain has to be discerned then thwarted.

It's possible to still retain a sense of romance, a sense of whimsical happiness while still maintaining vigilance against evil.
Doing it every day, as a practice, is how I live.

With a heart so full of love, it becomes a burden at times. Those are the times to cocoon at home, using my creativity to refresh the spirit of loving kindness upon myself. Replenishing my soul.

It's a tricky balance. Seems to be working for me.

Find what works for you!

Fly! Birdie! Fly! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...