Monday, January 30, 2017

Photo Op?

Selfie, selfie, selfie, let me take a selfie.

Umm, no.

It's more about fear of stalkers plus a jealous male type in my life who is a bit over - protective of me, maybe even a bit jelly.

Having a stalker would seem to be a bit sexy, complimentary, even a bit exciting, that is..........until you actually have one. The thought of having a tiger as a pet seems cool, until you actually have one and it tries to kill you!
Many people like to stalk while many people do stalk others irl, online, etc.
Some people have a little bit of both.

It's when the stalk & be stalked goes to extremes that it gets scary!

I have had 4, out of control stalkers,targeting me, and baby? It isn't fun, nor is it flattering.

It's scary, debilitating at times, life altering sometimes.

For the before mentioned reasons, I refrain from posting or sharing many photos of myself.

I am average in looks, above average in compassion, intelligence & self awareness.
Truly, am a simple, average looking girl just living life, being happy & minding my own beeswax. *smile*

People will say:

You're so pretty, you should post photos of yourself!
Just one pic, I swear I won't post it online (Most often, they do!)
You've lost so much weight, you should post pics!
You look  really pretty today, you should post a pic!
That looks really good on you, let me take a pic.
Post some fitness pics!

It's not about my body, not about my age, not about my looks, not about my hair, makeup, progress, relationship status.

No, No, No, No!

It's about my privacy, fear of past stalkers finding me, putting so many photos online that the stalkers will take it as ~

"Here I am! Come & get me!"

Then, there's the JGF! (jealous guy factor!)

When I have posted much online with current photos, I hear from him!

"WTH are you doing?"
"This is how women get murdered in their own home!"
"Nice photo, babe, nice fuel for the imagination of stalker types."
"Really? REALLY? WTH!

o gawd

He also cautions me to not accept photos from random guys. 
Well, durrr!

Once, when I was very innocently messaging with someone I don't know, on FB, the guy sent me a photo even though I told him, I didn't want to see a photo of him. It was just a photo of him, fully dressed, in ski gear. I couldn't even see his face, much less anything else. 
I could tell that he's a confident, hot guy. 
Also, married so, off limits!!!!!

Dam, home boy got pretty prickly over that, innocent as it was!

No, he went ballistic! UGH!!!
He's just a friend, a very protective friend & I respect his wishes & opinions enough to heed his, umm, counsel!
I respect him, as a person.
No more random photos from random guys!!!

Also, very few current photos posted online or even worse, sent in a private message.

Many people have a lack of understanding as to why I don't post many pics in private or in public. Stalkers are a real buzz kill.

There ya go. *smile*

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...