Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Mr. President


Thomas oh Thomas what a man you were
On your home soil or cavorting abroad
You caused quite a stir

Your eloquent pen your blue velvet coats
Delighted and charmed all
As did your penned notes

A life well lived though fraught with its pains
Left such an impression
That it still remains

I have toured your home with its' well tended grounds
Walked where you walked 
Hearing mockingbird sounds

History and historians have tried to darken your name
Using facts of today applied to your way
Your greatness remains the same

Even among the men of your day you stood out
With grace and prose in your manner
Your commanding way without doubt

I wish there were more men like you around today
What a better world we would have
I daresay

Having fallen in love with a man who is no longer present
In my humble way I just have to say
I miss your kind, Mr. President

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...