Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Who are you?


Do you know? Do you really know yourself? Do you know where your genetics came from, what nationalities, ethnic groups, religious affiliations? Do you know why you do the things you do, why you think the way you think? 
Have you ever questioned or quizzed yourself for that "aha" moment of self discovery?

It can be painful, sometimes. It can be raw, difficult.
It can also be very comforting, revealing, enlightening.

Through all of the self discovery, the knowledge can be transforming. Revealing the truth of who you are as a person can put old "demons" to rest, finally.
It can change you, elevate you to a deeper understanding of self, of the world around you, of family "issues" that finally are resolved.

Discovery of self has so many aspects.

Being just a simple woman with complex curiosity, lacking a medical or psychological degree. Having extensive life experience as well as having gone on a few quests for self discovery, I can tell anyone that getting to know yourself is a transforming experience.

While getting to know yourself psychologically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually, something also happens as a bonus.
At least, it happened for me.

While getting to know myself in every other way besides physically, there was a bonus.

My mind became synced very sharply with my body. My body became ever more communicative with my mind as to what it needed, what was good for it on any day, any hour.

Body language ~ ha ha!

Maybe it was my increased daily practice in Yoga.

Yo-Ga is, after all, Mind & Body connection.

Maybe it was that, as I was striving to get into better physical condition, as the layers of fat on my body began melting away, the nerve endings were closer to the surface, producing sensations that
made me fee more alive. More alive than I had felt in a very long time.
While going through my days, I felt my clothes lightly brushing against my skin, sending tingling sensation all over. Feeling the tightness of muscles which I had forgotten I had. Becoming more lean, stronger, feeling my body tighten all over, umm, yupp. This also produced more happiness.
Some days, I can actually feel serotonin uptake.

This is induced naturally, being one who rarely takes any drug, legal & never illegal or even consumes alcohol, this is natural. It's the by product of becoming in tune with myself.

Often, I have heard people say that they like it when a person "knows what they want."

Guess who knows exactly what she wants, what she does not want, who she is, where she wants to go?

This chick!
*smile*

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...