Friday, September 30, 2016

Good In Bed


It has been many years since this came to my attention. When I bought the book, I was in the midst of turmoil, going through the "Big D" and I don't mean Dallas. *smile* I got a second hand car, he got the palace, which he took out an equity loan on to get his share, then walked away, so, I got nothing.

I saw the title of the book, it piqued my curiosity. That was probably the point of the title of the book. Jennifer Weiner is quite the cheeky lass.
I like it!
Here I was, many moons later, the book is now, not only out in hardback book, it's also out in audiobook.
How lazy do I have to be?
Just kidding.
Being lazy is good once every so often.

Jennifer Weiner - pronounced Why-nehr.

Her writing style is captivating, very realistic, very entertaining from my POV. Her heroines are imperfect people, making the most of imperfect circumstances. 
It's tits on toast, baby, they make it work!

I see quite a bit of myself in her books. That, may, also be the point of how her writing style has become so popular. The push & pressure on women, in today's world to be big money earners, rail thin models, happy all the time, super moms, organized, energized, sex kittens, great cooks, spiritualized......
It's a lot of pressure.

Her heroines bring, bubbling to the surface, what many women are struggling with in today's world.
These uber femmes got through the self doubt, the heart break, the little blips in the radar of life. They may scream, cry, feel a bit sad, then, they get back up and get out there shooting from the hip, taking no prisoners.

I have done that, myself, over and over again.

I have moved from state to state, house to house 6 times since 2012, getting ready to do it again, soon, shedding possessions as I move. Slowly, I'm reducing my belongings down to what will fit in the back of an F-250 truck bed. 
The joy in life is joy.
Being owned by "things" is a burden to me.

So, what, you may ask, is the story of "Good in Bed" about?
Sorry, my loves, the spoiler remains absent.

Buy the book or visit your local library. Get it on Kindle, even!

Be ye male or female, you will be entertained!


No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...