Friday, September 16, 2016

The Weekend is Here!


What will you do with your 2 days of bliss? 
Will you ~

Catch up on sleep
Mow the lawn
Hit the clubs
Sit quietly and read
Get together with friends
Get together with family
Get an extra workout in
Take a long bike ride

What would you do if you could?

Jet off to a tropical beach
Look up a prior flame who still burns for you
Hit an awesome buffet
Go to a movie then out for dinner
or
Go out for dinner then a movie
Spend time with your children if the ex allows you to do so
Take the Harley out for a road trip!


For me, the nightmares of the night, give way to allow the day to take over, to reassure me, with the bright sunshine. To reassure me that I am relatively safe from harm.
This is a gift.

In, what should not be, my battle with the Veterans Administration, having to re-live the events which did some damage, it has taken it's toll. 
Oh, I try to keep the past in the past where it should be. Yet, other forces give me no choice but to dredge the pain of an earlier time, when I was violated, assaulted, then told that it never happened.

I was briefly involved with "Ron" who held a bit of sway, enough to keep the other guys in the squadron from bothering me. When that liaison ended, the guys felt that it was open season on me, once again. Several times they would say, "HAH! Ron isn't here to protect you, bend over!" Then, the perpetrator would laugh.

It was nothing I would have ever chosen. Yet, until I was ordered to move into a dwelling off of the Base, the terror went on.

When the weekend arrives in present day, I know the gym will be more busy than usual. So, I stick to the exercise room in the back, with a closed door. 
It's peaceful, wonderful. Just me & a yoga mat. Feeling my body become stronger, more flexible, more lean.
My muscles twitch a lot even when I'm not working out. Often, I will check to make sure an insect isn't on my skin. Yep, lol, it feels kinda like that.

With the weekend, comes the one day I can socialize with the singles group here in town. They're a decent group of people who are single, like me. Some are divorced, some are never married, some have a BF or GF, yet, I feel like I am more on an even footing with them. We have a Sunday School lesson, then, we all go out for lunch after church.
It's nice.
Sometimes, there is an activity such as a potluck, board games, sometimes it's going to a fair or a sports game. I don't enjoy those, so, I don't go. 
One time, we all went to the rodeo when it was in town. That was really fun! I didn't think I would enjoy it, yet, I did! 
I even bought a gift for my youngest daughter, wishing she was there, with me and this fun group of people. 

Half way through September, already, Texas is cooling off. I look forward to October 1st when I will have the money to buy more food, will feel a bit of financial relief.

Maybe the VA will come through for me?
I hold on, waiting....waiting....waiting.

For now? It's daylight, it's the weekend! A time for getting out there or staying in there. *smile*

Love, peace & crabs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...