Saturday, June 6, 2015

Preferences


Everyone who has lived awhile, knows themselves well enough to know what they like, what they can live without.

Preferences can change throughout a day, a week, a year, a lifetime.

Personally, many of my preferences change constantly, some remain the same.

When my divorce became final in January, 2007, I noticed a shift happening. Dating had changed in a thousand trillion ways during my long marriage. For the better in many ways.

For instance?

I was barely into my 20s when I married. Let's just say, although I FEEL like I'm in my 20s, I know I am far from it. Oh, I work out every day, very fit, healthy, HAPPY!, People think I am around 35, I'm not.
My first encounter with the younger man/older woman attraction happened shortly after i took my wedding rings off, the day after the divorce was final. I was in line at the bank, depositing the money from selling the rings. The guy in front of me turned around, started chatting me up. It was simple, innocent banter. He smelled really good, really clean to my sensitive nose.
He moved to the available window, did his banking, then left. He smiled at me, then left when his business was finished.
Depositing the money, I moved toward the front doors to leave. He was just outside the front doors, I could tell he was pretending to check his texts, it was obvious to me.
He looked up, smiled. He was really hot! Great smile, beautiful skin, nice teeth! Smelled good.
He asked for my number. I was a little surprised. I asked him what he wanted it for. He said, "I don't see a ring, you're single, right?" 
O my. Yes, I was!
I asked him again why he wanted my number.
He said, "You're very very pretty! I'd like to take you out, would you go out with me?'
At that point I 'fessed up. Had to ask, "Are you like, 18, or something like that?'

He sniffed, a little indignant, "I'm actually 25."
I finally got it. "Dude, I probably have pairs of socks older than you!'
He grinned, "Dam, that's hot!"

He wrote his number, I took it, called him 2 weeks later.
We started going out, that's how my preference for younger men, started.

There have been guys in their 40s, 50s, even 60s who I went out with. It didn't work. They were a bit too stuck in the past, many were still not over a divorce or 3, bitter toward women, out of shape, poor health. It was too frustrating for them, frustrating for me. 2 of them even told me I was better suited to a younger guy.

My preference is for:

Single white guys 22 - 42. Have to admit, I'm attracted to blue eyes, however, he can be just as attractive with brown or any other color.
Some guys on into their mid to late 40s attract me as long as they are not still talking about their ex wife, as long as they take care of themselves.

Labels, to me, are quite offensive. Guys have been courting, marrying women 20 to 30 years younger than them since the beginning of time.

It is a great time to be an older woman who is in fantastic physical shape, perfect health, financially stable, emotionally secure .............as well as SINGLE!
It has become more acceptable to have an older woman/younger man relationship. When I was in Las Vegas for Christmas 2014, it was a smorgasbord of younger guys who were coming after me!
Had promised myself I would abstain. I let them chat me up, let them buy drinks for me, a lunch, a couple gifts. The attention was sweet as were the guys. They tried to kiss me, I used evasive maneuvers. 
It was just fun, to me. These hot 20 somethings had less life knowledge than I did, I took full advantage to stay true to myself, true to what I wanted for my self respect, my values, morals.

There's so much that I have to offer the right guy. Giving it away only diminishes the worth of a girl.

You see, a cougar, according to the media, goes out looking.

It's always the guys who come after me.

The sperm chases the egg. Ha ha! It's natural, biological order.

Works for me.

Laters, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...