Saturday, June 20, 2015

Day 20!


Today is Day 20 of my 30 day juice fast. Weighed myself at the gym, yesterday. Have lost 19 lbs, so far. Have not been to the gym....yet, lol, Hey! It's 0440. I'll be at the gym at 0500. 

The weight loss is just the minimal of the great benefits from juicing. I felt fantastic before, but, now? I feel more fantastic-er! lol

- Greater mental clarity
- Higher energy
- Stronger workout drive
- Greater endurance during workouts
- Deeper sleep

So, yeah, I jumped on the juicer wagon & what a frkn awesome ride!  It was hard at first. The temptation to stray into donut land at church on Sundays. The lure of the cheez it crackers on sale!

I resisted with self force at first. Avoidance of temptation. Going to bed super early to avoid cheating.
Avoiding social situations where there would be food temptation.

Now?

I say ~ BRING IT!

Tonight there's a party out at the lake, I'm strong enough to resist, so, I'm going! 

The back pain I experienced early in the week is almost gone. WHEW! That was scary. Still am not sure what brought it on. 
I used some 3 minute hold yoga poses to ease the back pain. It worked! No meds!

Something I have been feeling lately is, when my back muscles brush up against the car seat when driving or the office chair when working, even now, as I type, it tingles! I can feel the tingle of my back muscles, the firmness, the strength! Same with my abs. The firm feeling of the increasing muscle strength is a great feeling!

Anyone who has never had extreme weight gain experience probably feels the strength of their body all the time, taking it for granted. This is fine. Would only wish fitness & great health for everyone!
Unfortunately, it has been different for me.
Experiencing a strong, well toned body, then letting that deteriorate into obesity was a choice, I accept responsibility.
Also, I accept the credit for building back the strong, fit, healthy body I'm building every day with time, work, sweat, effort, discipline, motivation, yeah, well, maybe a bit of vanity. This 30 day juice fast is getting me closer to my goal!
So, my reader peeps, got health? got fitness?

Getcha some!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...