Thursday, February 21, 2019

Truly Positive







It's so prevalent that it's everywhere! So many happiness Guru's purport to teach people to be happier, more successful by being more positive.

Think positive, act positive, speak positive, avoid RBF! 😁

It can even be found in the Holy Bible (for those of you who base your lives on the teachings in the Bible).
Proverbs 23 verse 7

There are more, that is the first verse which first came to my mind, a verse I repeat in my mind throughout the day when the day is difficult.
Repeating this, keeps my mind focused on the positive.
A person can use any mantra, this is one that works for me.

Choose your kumbaya song.

This one simple tweak can make such a difference. 

More?

Speak to yourself in your mind the same way you would speak to someone you dearly love. 
Would you tell a loved one they are ugly?
Stupid?
Lazy?
Inadequate?
Fat?
Too skinny?
A failure?
Clumsy?


The list can go on and on. Although focusing on the positive has become very much a part of who I am, sometimes, I slip. Catching myself, the adjustment is swift to go back to happy-joy-joy! 

If you wish to improve or are new to positive thinking, here is a starting place or additional information for the pro's out there.

Avoid these as much as possible:

Don't
Won't
Can't
Not
No

For example ~ 

Not one thing is going right today!
becomes
I'm going to just breathe, this will pass.

Don't speak to me that way.
becomes
Thank you for sharing.
(This often deflates anger in both people)

What are your negative thoughts? How can you turn the negative dialogue in your head into positive statements while still being truthful?
How can you speak to yourself in your head the same way you would speak to someone whom you love? How would you speak to them to give loving encouragement?
Speak to yourself kindly, inside your mind where the only one who can hear it is you.

Treat yourself kindly.

You're worth it.

Peace




No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...