Sunday, February 24, 2019

Over it...

When your age is past thirty years
Less people listen to your fears
You are on this fatal descent
Of becoming irrelevant

When your age is past forty years
Your total irrelevance nears
Many people would devalue one
Who were their rising sun

When your age is past fifty you're done
Disregarded by society and everyone
It's shouted as mid life crises by those
Who crave youth while aging as their foes

I stopped telling my age to say
It should matter less anyway
Less than the content of heart or mind
The true treasures that one may find

Being so far past whether age is a sign
Of relevant heart of relevant mind
So far over it I need a new word
Which has never been spoken never been heard

If you were to ask how long I feel I have been alive
The answer would be, "Bae, I feel twenty five!"



No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...