Tuesday, January 29, 2019

What you see, might not be what you see

Life can be a funny sequence of events. Appearances can, often be deceptive. There's makeup, spanx, wigs, wine, chocolate, promises which one never intends to keep.
It's rather tricky to discern the lipstick on a pig from the genuine.

To quote my grandfather who was a seasoned Detroit Policeman for 25 years ~
"Don't believe anything you hear & only half of what you see."

Grandpa was wise. I'm sure that he was simply quoting wise words he had heard from others. Nonetheless, he was quite intelligent as well as, I believe, also had "street smarts."

I believed every word my grandfather told me.

Compassion is still alive, still exists, yet, is in shorter supply in todays world than it used to be. People tend to leap, now, ask questions later. Often, there are no questions asked as guilt is erroneously assumed. 
People throw their personal acquaintances away as if they were discarding a soda can or an empty egg carton. Before an acquaintance can blossom into a friendship, it's discarded because of a sad, mutual misunderstanding. Sometimes it's inconvenient.

It can be different.

Each person has the opportunity to make it different. View others with the eyes of understanding, compassion, forgiveness.
This touchy feely idea is in no way advocating being a door mat.
What it is saying is that each person can make a difference. 
Gotta loooooooove redundancy.  ♥

Please read the words below. Thank you. With my whole heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...