Friday, January 4, 2019

Planning


Hello!
I'm a planner.
And you are?

Having been taught from the time I was a small child, by my beloved Grandfather, to plan, I'm still a planner.
Make the plan, execute it. This means follow through, not kill!

When I'm going to accomplish something, sometimes, making a list of actions to take is necessary. This depends, of course, upon the task.
When a task will involve more than just a few steps, yup. Bring on the lists, break it down into steps. Baby steps or bigger strides, whatever's clever. 
For travel, whether it's a day trip out of town or across the globe, making plans, using a paper folder, if needed will make everything much more smooth. It can leave "wiggle room" so that if events veer from the plan, plans can be altered.
Mostly, it's very possible to stick to a plan. 

I live in a very small town, day trips are good to avoid feeling that isolated feeling, a form of cabin fever. My bff & I will leave in mid morning for a 2 hour drive into south Dallas. Civilization!!!!!!

The traffic sux, yet, when we are sitting in Bonefish Grill enjoying a sumptuous meal, then, enjoying some Sephora time...…..yeah!

It's totally worth it! 

When bff & I planned our trip to Hawai'i, I went the dual folder route, so that we both knew what we were doing, day by day. It took some time to schedule, arrange, print out, then, put our trip together. It was so worth the time spent, we really did have a great time!

It's in my nature to stay busy, to always be doing SOMETHING.
Whether that "something" is working on a needlework project or translating documents or doing the daily part of a fitness challenge (squats or push ups or planking etc), there's ALWAYS something to do!
When I'm engrossed in a needlework project, got my needle warmed up with the rhythm......I have to keep going! Usually, it's either that I can't stop or I don't want to stop.

Often, if the phone buzzes or there is a knock at my door, I ignore it, I feel the need to keep going. Sometimes, I will turn the phone off, take a 3.5 hour nap, so that I can go at a second workout or be fresh for a marathon of house cleaning or stitching. Starting fresh, well rested, works wonders for accomplishing a task!

At times, I receive a text or call when I'm at a stopping point in whatever I'm doing or I can sense that someone's request really needs my attention. That's rare. I can veer off the course of the plan, yet, I would rather plan at least 24 hours in advance.

48 hours or more is even better, depending upon the event.

Remaining flexible in a plan is also necessary, not always possible, yet, it does help. Especially when planning a day trip or an extended out of town trip.

Event planners know that scheduling is elemental to success. This is why tickets are sold, seats are assigned, venues have to be scheduled. It's all about making a plan, then executing the plan. There are some elements that happen such as rain or power outages, over booking, etc, yet with good planning which can include a back up plan or Plan B, Plan C even a Plan D.

As one who is most comfortable with planning, I can be flexible, yet, it does rattle me slightly when the plan is changed at the last minute. 
It makes me feel less secure. On shifting sands, shaky ground.

When I can?

I roll with it, baby!
(Hate it, though, shh)

What the "L"?




No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...