Sunday, January 13, 2019

Guilty Pleasure

We all have them. C'mon, just admit it!

One or many guilty pleasures.

Some people indulge in ice cream among many sweets
Cake or cookies or candy bars as very lovely treats
Some people indulge all night in pointless video games
A fantasy world of fake bodies with their totally fake names
Some folks collect critters to fill an empty desire or need
Filling a void to care for others with someone to love & feed
Some of us are hopeless collectors of beautiful shoes
With so many styles that give joy it's just too hard to choose
Some people love their fire arms with ammo & clips galore
They get a contact high when they visit any gun store

If your pleasure of choice wasn't covered, no worries! You can still feel free to indulge away in your blissful celebration of you!

Maybe you have begun to wonder if I have any guilty pleasures.

You may wonder. 😏

My hidden guilty pleasure may surprise you. I'm the sort of person who will try almost anything once, if I like it, I'll keep doing it!
As far as life practices of mine, I will keep up with a fitness practice, a sport supplement or even a personal friendship as long as it's going well.
When I became legally single, I tried dipping my toes in the dating world.
Peeps!
It was fraught with drama, heartbreak, pain. The cheaters, liars and players got to be too much. It was too much pain to bear. After 5 years of torture, I realized I was better off single, happy & stable.
Once the last heartbreak wore off and I allowed myself to adjust, to move past the hope, the desire, the deep loneliness. 
One practice that helped was to pour my sexual energy into workouts at the gym, yoga, pilates, strength training, free weights.

Dang! It whipped me into shape!

The pleasure of living life in peace, stability, traveling from time to time with few glitches, if any, convinced me that being single is a gift! A gift of a new me with far less worries, if any.

With that said, this may be a surprise.

My one guilty pleasure among many is to watch wedding videos.
SYTTD!
Wedding videos abound on You Tube! 
Also, I love to go to weddings! Such happy occasions. Everyone is happy. Beautiful clothes, flowers, music!

Although I have long ago let go of the idea of getting married again, there are many good single guys out there, it just so happened that I didn't meet one.
So, I gave up.

I still love weddings!

The photo below is on the only time I was a bride.

This past year I was rather sad at not being able to go to a friends wedding, yet, hey, someone had to go to Hawai'i!
Her wedding was absolutely beautiful from what I saw of the photos & video. 
Aww, nuts, maybe there will be another one, soon!

For now, I will binge watch wedding videos on You Tube. I will catch episodes of Say Yes To The Dress, buy Bridal magazines. I will drink in all of the beauty, the happy faces, the beautiful flower arrangements and, of course, the wedding dresses!
*sigh*
I have heard that weddings are less stressful if you're not the bride. 

That works!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...