Sunday, January 13, 2019

Gloriana, Alleluia, Gloriana



Masterpiece Theater has bloody done it, again! The link below is the beautiful intro to the first season of Victoria. In which she becomes queen of Great Britain at age 18, meets & falls in love with, then, marries Prince Albert of Saxe Coburg und Gotta.

https://youtu.be/1e5ftHXOEso


From an early age, whether my dear grandfather, Sherman Kendall, knew it or not, predicted it or not, caused me to study the life in depth of Alexandrina Victoria Wetlin.

She was the daughter of a single mother, then, became a single mother, herself after the death of her beloved. 

The relatively new series is exquisite! As less of a fan of television watching, this series, simply titled drew me in: 
Victoria
Such a simple name for such a complex person as Queen Victoria of Great Britain.
The movie: The Young Victoria with Emily Blunt was excellent!

The BBC Masterpiece Theater series is going into its third season. It continues to draw a crowd during filming as well gain even more viewers! This is such an appropriate tribute to such a phenomenally accomplished woman. She ruled an empire while being married to a demanding though very beloved husband as well as being mother to 9 children!

Having studied her life since I was age 5, she impresses me, even up to today.
Her accomplishments are unlimited yet are still effective in 2019:

Public Libraries
Public education
Pain inhibitors which are safe in child bearing
Sewing Machines
Aircraft success

There is, indubitably, much more.

The reigning Queen Elizabeth may have been a reigning queen longer than Queen Victoria, yet, she has accomplished less with less odds stacked against her.

Spoilers will remain as a secret. The DVDs for the series, Victoria are being sold in a Season 1 as well as a Season II boxed purchase.

Because this series fascinates me so much, I have bought Season I as well as Season II on DVD as gifts thrice!

Yup!

It's so good, I have to share!

Perhaps, because it's 99% devoid of profanity or nudity, it appeals to me. It's romance, adventure, action, passion! Thought provoking social situations.

As soon as I publish this blog entry, I'm going to buy stocks in Masterpiece Theater! JP!

It is a great series!!

See this appetizer for yourself.

https://youtu.be/oU0Fg8OFNaI

2 comments:

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...