Wednesday, November 8, 2017

The Comeback Kid

Ya never know what tomorrow brings, or, in this case, tonight!

I'm a lover of intricate needlework, so, was on a Walmart run to pick up some DMC floss. Out of 28 colors, they had...

wait for it

wait for it

TWO!

Argh!

Heading from Wally-World to the gym for my evening cardio, my cell went off.
Hey!
I only text or talk when parked!

I pulled into the Anytime Fitness parking lot. I didn't recognize the number, yet, very few people have my number & I kinda like it that way. 
I'm somewhat of a private person.
Hesitantly, I answered the phone.
It was a voice from the past.
(no poetry, tonight, ha ha!)
I had dated him right before leaving Colorado....in 2012! I knew he had moved out of Colorado in 2013, yet, beyond that, nothing. Sadly, I had to move on.
He's in Dallas, on business, remembered that I had moved to Texas, still had my number (my cell is still a Colorado number).
He was a hot 20 something EMT (probably closer to a 30 something, now) who was a lot of fun for a few months! When I say fun, I'm not speaking of screwing around. I take sex way more serious. We glow golfed, went to a few shows, got too silly at Looneys Comedy club a time or 10.

So, it went like this:
Me: Hello, this is Brenda.
Him: Hey this is the EMT guy you left to move to Texas!
pause
Me: Hey there. nice to hear from you. (I knew that voice!)
Him: I'm in Dallas!
Me: So, it was you that brought the nasty weather??
Him: So, can you come to Dallas & let me spoil you for 3 days?
Me : Umm, nope, you can come to Graham & take me out.
Him: What are you afraid of?
Me: YOU!
Him: (laughing) I told you I could never forget you.
Me: Never forgot you, either. (kinda sorta true)
Him: Come to Dallas!
Me: Come to Graham!
Him: Graham is pretty far, I googled it.
Me: Your loss, home boy. 
Him: I'll let you go *click*
__________________________________________

I play hard ass pretty good, huh? 

It tends to amaze me when ghosts from the past come back, asking so much from me. It's only slightly flattering.

I will continue with working to start my business, concentrate on making money. 
Continue with my workouts to improve.

Life is good!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...