Thursday, November 9, 2017

No means NO

Such a simple concept. Widely ignored.

Because I have had 4 stalkers, I probably have a different take on the concept of "No." When to use it, when to be more firm.

When I speak with someone & get a "Leave me alone" vibe, that means "Leave me alone." So, guess what?

I leave them alone! 

That includes online, in person, etc, etc. Okay, that's crystal.

If the person comes back to me at a later time, wants to hang out, cool, if not, cool. Everyone has a right to their privacy, their private feelings, expressions, who they wish to spend time with ~ or not.
It's a form of self respect for the one leaving someone else alone, it's a form of respect for the other person to acknowledge their wishes to be left alone.

Seems so simple, hmm?

With that said, there are a few guys in this small town who fail to grasp the concept.
When they each, individually, at separate times, approached me, I made the mistake of politely declining their offers. As a polite person, I wanted to tread carefully as I would want someone else to do if the situation was reversed with my vulnerability at the mercy of someone else.
Caveat ~ tread carefully yet be more assertive.
Yeah.
Having to come right out & be so blunt that it bordered on flat out bitchy is against my style. I decided that I could either continue to be polite or I could simply lay it out.
I think one of them got the sharp end of the stick, today. Ha ha.
He got the point!
There's no attraction to him whatsoever  on my part. Whatever he has to offer is something I can live without.

Today, I was in a mood to avoid anyone messing with me.

Saw him, hurried to my car, he came running & caught up.

UGH!

My response to his offers to take me out, blah, blah, blah, bordered on rudeness.

There is only a certain type of guy who attracts me, those guys are rare. That element of attraction is simply missing in this guy as well as the other 3 trying to get my attention.

Today?

My rudeness seems to have gotten through to him.

No means NO! 

2 comments:

  1. Two words they will get the message. "Go away."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. Didn't work. Thanks for the help, though. In time, even grass turns into milk. :)

    ReplyDelete

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...