Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Better to be Kind


Having been around the tree-stump a few times, it's common place for someone to have learned a few things.

I can hope this for everyone including myself.

We all go along in life with its ups and mediocres, it's my personal belief that we are here, living this life, to learn.

At an earlier time in my life, I had a somewhat vengeful nature. A character flaw, I realize, now. The events which led me to have that flaw are justifiable, yet, maybe, I could have made better choices.

I learned (thankfully!)

It did come back to bite me, nearly killing me. It was at the hands of people associated with someone who hurt me very deeply.


I don't remember him, I was shown the information by someone who knows him.
It's the past.
I don't remember him or much from that time period in my life, it was a very difficult, tumultuous time.

Whatever events that have transpired, positive or negative, the point has been driven into my heart & mind.
When given a choice, it's better to be kind.

This means kind. Weakness is totally different. 

Kindness is to do that which is a persons' full scope of benevolence in a given situation. 
Yeah.
I know that explaining again, would be redundant. Ha ha!

Having been a person who usually acts with kindness, compassion, generosity, I see, now, that kindness is a better choice.
Keep in mind, I'm imperfect. 
Would I go back in time to have been more kind?
Sometimes yes, sometimes maybe. :)

Knowing that I have been the recipient of cruelty more often than not, it has taken me awhile to come to this realization.
It's very enriching to evolve!

The person I was yesterday
Has slowly melted away
Like snowflakes on your cheek
Like the lasting love you seek
Having lived having learned
Having been blessed or burned
Finding my way has taken some time
Expressing this lesson to you in rhyme
The lesson has been refined
When faced with a choice
It's better to be kind

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...