Monday, November 21, 2016

I Really Am a Mermaid!

Sometimes, I can believe this. The ocean feels like home, to me. My happiest memories are when I was living near the Pacific ocean or actually swimming in the ocean.

Have to be specific.

The Atlantic is more cold whereas the Pacific is more warm.

Some like it HOT, me too! I love a warm ocean.

As a child, living in Michigan, I swam in the local lakes. The fishy smell bothered me, yet, it was water, so, I loved it! Water feels more like home to me than any thing. Even if I simply run a bath tub full of warm water, maybe, drop a few drops of lavender essential oil in it, then, soak!

When I lived in Colorado Springs, it was far from being my favorite place to live, however, the hot springs were fantastic in the winter! 
Yes, I loved the clothing optional springs, yes, I embraced the option! It was less about anything sexual, more about the feeling of freedom. Doing something that, ordinarily, could not be done, made it feel extra special. Being naked, outdoors, with the cold snap in the air, the beautiful blue sky, the mountains in the background.
It was a surreal experience, every time I went.

The first time I went, it was with a guy friend who I knew could be trusted to be a gentleman even with both of us naked in the hot spring. These mostly, unknown hot springs, had a privacy fence around them, it was only $10. per person for the whole day.
It was heavenly!
The "establishment" also has some very strict rules, such as, no lewd (sexual) behavior, no cameras, no alcohol.
Even with all of the rules, it was a very heady experience.

My heart is beginning to yearn for a trip to the ocean. It's been a few years, it's not something I necessarily want.
I NEED IT!

For now, the memories of playing on the beach in Hawai'i fill my mind. Floating & swimming in the ocean at Cocoa Beach, FL. 

If you live near a warm ocean, I'm happy for you, maybe even a little jealous!

Take a dip in those heavenly waters for this homesick mermaid! 


2 comments:

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...