Tuesday, November 15, 2016

A Love Letter


This is a love letter to those of you out there, struggling with obesity.

You're wonderful, beautiful, a worthwhile person just as you are. I'm sure that many people out there who think they have no choice but to become overweight because most of the people in their family are.
I have proved that theory to be false.

Many people may feel they have allowed the habits which led them into obesity have put them in such a deep hole, there is no way out.
THERE IS A WAY OUT!

As women can tell you, it's a lot of work to lose the weight after giving birth to a baby. It feels impossible to gain the muscle tone in the abs back after the sweet baby is born.
It is very possible to gain a flat belly after the baby is born.

Another myth is when a person says they are too old to start working out. 
False.
Many people begin working out at age 30 or 40 or 50 or older. 
I'm one of those people!

Any other myths that you read, hear or have heard, are just that.
Myths.

To quote one of my favorite phrases:

"Once you start to see results, it becomes an addiction!"

This is something I have found to be true. Having worked to build lean muscle, while cutting weight with a lot of cardio & cleaning up my eating habits, sleeping habits, water drinking habits, I know the frustration.
I kept at it.

Someday, I may surprise you with before and after photos. I'm camera shy, I have had stalkers ~ it was frightening! Still, I have the before photos, I'm not quite to the after, not yet!

Recently, my weight has begun to drop. It has stayed roughly the same since 2012. Until 3 weeks ago. YESSS!
Personally?
I believe that because I kept at it, more consistently with time, I'm getting the results now!
Working out is part of life for me. When I have had a good workout, I feel fantastic! Very alive!
Sleep is better
Memory is better
Thinking is more clear
Mood is more happy & calm than it would be without a workout

I feel a tightness between my hip bones. My jeans fit differently thanks to the daily 30 - 60 weighted squats.

So.......you may wonder, why is this a love letter?

It's a letter to anyone reading this who struggled with being overweight as I have. Anyone who felt that it was futile to try to get back into the same shape they were in as a 20something or 30something when, for many people, being slender is just a "given".

Even if you were always the "fat kid" you can change that, as many people have!

Love yourself enough to exercise HARD, hard enough to see those results that will turn you into a happier, healthier person.

Love yourself enough to choose habits that will keep you off of the plethora of medications that make BIG Pharma wealthy.

Love yourself & believe in yourself so much that your actions reflect that loving belief in what you can do when you start from wherever you are to become more lean, more fit!

There are more resources now than ever before. Gym memberships are less costly. There are You Tube fitness videos, magazines & books at libraries. The supply of information is endless!

I will admit, I love myself enough to get out of bed most mornings, then, straight to the gym! Cardio, Yoga, Pilates, Strength training, weight resistance, free weights, weighted squats.
YES PLEASE! 
Ha ha!

Eating clean?

I will admit that I sometimes slip up. I get right back to it. It's called the 80/20 rule. Eat healthy 80% of the time. Have to enjoy life!

So, love yourself not just with words, love yourself with putting action behind those words!

L8erz!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...