Friday, November 18, 2016

Now & Then / Then & Now




This morning, during my workout, I weighed myself just to make sure that the weight I have lost has stayed gone!
It has.
Yay!
Go, me!

The Sans Barre workout, a combo of ballet & yoga is noticeably trimming & toning my legs.

The weighted squats I started on November 1 are doing great things for my, well, you know, glutes!

Eating clean with lean, natural protein, fresh veggies is helping a lot. I'm less strict with my eating than I should be, yet, hey, have to have a little fun! There's the occasional Oreo or 3. lol.
There's dinners with a friend which taste too good to pass up!

Overall, I'm making progress.

Inside my head, I'm on auto-pilot with my thoughts. Positive, yet random.

This morning as I stood in just black yoga pants & black Nike sport bra, no shoes or socks, no T Shirt. 
It was only in the last 2 years that I felt enough body confidence to take my shirt off during Yoga.
I saw the big changes. As compared to photos of myself in 2012, the changes are huge!

I'm only 5'3", so a weight loss of 30 lbs makes a big difference.

A weight loss of 30 lbs with toning & tightening all over, makes an even bigger difference.

Working out, eating clean, cleaning up sleep & water habits are something I do just for myself.
I, no longer date, no man in my life, staying single by choice. Might stay single for the rest of my life. 
Then again, if Mr. Wonderful finds me, that would be nice.
Still, though I'm doing this just for me, I found my mind wandering into, 
"What if ________ saw me? What would ___say or think?"

"Those pictures from 2012 are hideous, no wonder things didn't work out with _________."

"I wouldn't have wanted me, if I were him."

"Wow, my back is so toned & gaining muscle!"

"My obliques have so much more definition! Go, me!"

"No more thunder thighs! Thank you Sans Barre Workout!"

Yes, I do this just for me. No one is going to see me naked except me. Just as I'm growing the hair on my head longer while removing all hair below my navel, just for me! No one else is going to see it. 
Yeah - Yeah, TMI! Hah!

Now, vs then (2012) there are many improvements, seeing the photos only showed me how far I have come. Toned abs, toned back, slimmer legs with more muscle. Slimmer arms with more muscle. 

Oh, I still am on a path of improvement.

Little by little.

Step by step.

Line upon line.

Precept by precept.

If you haven't started your fitness journey by now, then start!

Start from where you are!

GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...