Monday, May 4, 2015

Fast!

This is day 4.

It feels great.

Light

Free

Almost surreal.

In my quest for a higher level of fitness, I started this juice fast. It will last all of  May & June. I thought I would feel empty, hungry, weak. It's only day 4, yet, I feel energized. Lighter. It's a great feeling.
Compared to 3 years ago, my abs are flatter, more sculpted. As many fitness bugs know, abs are partly made in the kitchen. What the person working toward a 6 pk has to do is to consume a very clean intake of protein, veggies, as little sugar as possible. That includes eliminating natural sugars in fresh, fruit, wine, as well as processed sugars.

So, on Friday, I bought a weeks worth of juicing vegs. 25 cucumbers. 15 lbs of carrots. 12 sweet red bell peppers. 7 large tubs of organic baby spinach. 6 fresh yams. 5 fresh beets, 4 bags of kale and a partridge in a pear tree. ha ha.
Just kidding! 

Having doubled my workouts to a morning AND an evening session, now, juice fasting. This may be the extra push to get my 6 pk again.

Lean

Strong

Sexy

Set the TSA sensors off  with abs of steel!

I had those abs when I was 20, living in Hawai'i, walking almost everywhere, swimming in the ocean, running on the beach. Every day.
The feeling of tightness in the muscles between my hip bones has returned. Feels soooo wonderful.
It spurs me on. Motivates me. 

Proving to myself.

Had it once.

Can have it again.

Feel as if I'm growing younger.

As  if I'm 20 again with all of the wisdom of now.

Time for sleep.

It does a body good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...