Friday, May 8, 2015

Margaritaville!!!


It's definitely not 5 pm, here! At 5 pm, I was at my 3rd job, laughing & joking with the girls I work with. Such a fun group! It's definitely a Strawberry Margarita night, though!
Storming, thunder, lightning, pouring rain.
My day started at 4 am, is only now winding down.

Having raised 4 children with an abusive male as their father bites me in the butt all the time. A man teaches his children how to treat their mother by the way he treats her.

The disrespect they still show which they learned from him is unacceptable to me. It's something I can't tolerate. If  I have to move on, into the future without them in my life, so be it. it's what I'm already doing, anyway. There will be only me, building a good life, my self respect intact.
My youngest daughter is the only one of 4 I have a solid relationship with, have to love, cherish what I do have. She wants it all to be perfectly rosy. Well, it isn't and it won't be until the people I poured my life into for 24 years show the respect that such a sacrifice deserves. The sacrifices a mother makes so her children will have a happy childhood for a bright future.
The long conversation with my daughter, tonight, was only going in circles, it needed to be put down, lol.

Time to mix up a strawberry margarita with some awesome imported tequila & drift into bliss. :)

Lately work has been a bit easier. There was a fantastic compliment paid to my newly learned Optician skills. A certain gentleman came into the vision center 2 weeks ago with an old & battered pair of spectacles. He had fallen asleep wearing them, then rolled over on them & most likely stepped on them.

HOLY SCHLAMOLY!

I love a challenge. It took some very concentrated effort to fix those specs.

He was so amazed that I could fix them. He called the hot line to express his appreciation, his joy & amazement. I got some serious KUDOS at work!
My feelings about being an Optician were a bit iffy, still are somewhat. It's nice to be acknowledged, to be appreciated.

Having a flower lei from Hawai'i, sent to my dear friend, then seeing her express her absolute delight, her appreciation. It's these sweet expressions of joy, of appreciation that make life sweet, for me!

Right now, am going to appreciate a movie on my LCD Smart TV and this big, cold margarita.

CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...