Sunday, May 17, 2015

Hero


There are so many songs written about this one word, people use the word in many different contexts.

Flash dance - I need a Hero

Mariah Carey - There's a Hero

Enrique Iglesias - Let Me Be Your Hero

There was guy who i briefly messaged with who said - Feed that body, Hero. (umm,okay)

What is a hero?

A dictionary definition:

hero (noun) a person, typically a man, who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities.

So, was the unknown guy I messaged with comparing me to a man? idk. Sure hope not. I'm about as girlie as a girl can be. Yes, I work a lot, work out alot. have very toned arms & legs. getting my 6 pk, it's slowly coming in.
Still, I sure hope he didn't think I was a guy posing as a girl. 

My personal hero was, still is, my maternal Grandfather, Sherman Leroy Kendall. He passed on when I was 17. Ohhhh, how I miss him with every breath I take, with every beat of my heart. He was so wonderful. Curled up in a ball, laying in his lap while he read to me or napped, I felt so safe, so loved. Nothing could touch me, no one could hurt me. He was truly my hero. His influence on my life is still quite strong.

Maybe I simply long for a hero. Maybe it's why I have a fascination with military men. My favorite thing to do is to watch videos of them in combat footage, dancing like idiots to goof off. Interviews with them. 

They are only human, this, I know, yet their courage to go into their duties to this country that I love so much, willingly. They know that every time they go out, there is a chance they may not come back, yet, they still go. Running into the fray. What a turn on!

It used to be my deepest wish to have one of these in my life. To keep the home fires burning for his return. To be there among the women welcoming their heroes home. To greet him with a tight embrace, a good home cooked meal and days upon days of hot passionate love making. 
Spend the next few days letting him spoil me with his love & attention. Doing the mundane little things of everyday life that he longed to do while he was away. 
I wanted this so much.

That ship has sailed, I wasn't on it. I still get my "hero fix" from You Tube!

Today, my workout was good, it's always good. I noticed a new muscle in my delts that has formed! WOW! 

Maybe I'm my own hero. 

Going to feed the body.

Laters, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...