Saturday, May 2, 2015

Stay Focused on The Positive!


This is how I live. By staying focused on the positive.

No

I mean, it's WHY I'm still alive. Suicide is a strong vein which runs through my family, my genetics. The people in my family are prone to depression, substance abuse, suicide, obesity.

YAY!

GO, ME!

Having studied psychology a lot, studied causes of obesity, Studied people who have beat their tough genetics, I thought, I can do it, too! For the most part, I have. 

These have helped:

~ Focusing on positive ways to phrase the self talk in my head
~ Avoiding the word's, "don't", "not", "no", "can't" as much as possible
~ Speaking to myself as I would speak to someone I love very much
~ Using non-food rewards for myself such as a mani/pedi, a walk around the lake, a road trip!
~ Keep a thick 3,000 page joke book for laughter when depression tries to set in
~ Observe the world around me, find a person I can help anonymously, then do it!
~ Get enough sleep! I go to bed at around 9:30 every night as much as possible.
~ Juicing! Macro dense nutrients are fantastic brain food! 
~ Plant something, anything! Flowers, herbs, even a small patch of grass! It's wonderful to watch a plant, grow, knowing that I am a part of what brought a seedling to life.

Something else I noticed is that many of the women in my family get a thrill from being mean to others. Any other person will suffice as a victim, quite often it's a family member. 

Through observing this behavior, I was able to squelch it back in 2005. Also learned to avoid female family members when they seem to be looking for someone to burn. It seems to stem from deep insecurity, maybe even sub-conscious learned behavior. Anyway, I learned to recognise that behavior in myself, then obliterate it from my personality.

In modern terms ~ Don't be a hater! lol

Part of the difficulty facing me is in being alone so much.Used to dread it, hate it. Gave me a ton of anxiety, no bueno,baby. :)

Have learned to embrace this alone time as a time to work on self. To meditate, to study, to learn, to work on spirit & mind.

Of course, exercise is a GREAT cure for many things, it stops short at a cure for everything, yet, like beer & pizza, like sex within a committed relationship, like chocolate......even when it's slight, it's still really, really good!

Workouts are doing things for my body that also improve my mind. When I say workouts, for myself, what I'm referring to are the long, intense kind! The ones that leave me drenched in sweat, smelling like a gym, looking like hell, afterward!
Then, the all day burn. Makes it so worth pushing myself so hard, it makes my muscles twitch until the next workout. A thank you from my body to my mind for so much effort!

Weak lil exercise is for some others, intense is the only way I want it. 

Workouts keep me happy, focused, depression free (mostly) plus, making my skin more sensitive as I have burned off layers of fat, so that I feel my shirts/blouses brushing against my ab muscles, as it has made my skin INFINITELY more sensitive to anything touching it. 

Is this some thing to be happy about?

Ab-so-effing-lutely!

Have yourself a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...