Friday, May 22, 2015

Slices of Heaven!

First & foremost, I am a vitamin C junkie! If it has concentration of vitamin C....I will love it! Watermelon, carrots, red, yellow & orange sweet bell peppers, oranges, strawberries, blue berries, raspberries, mangoes, avocados!!!! .....and papayas! Love, love love a good papaya!

When I lived in Hawai'i, the males on Hickam AFB hounded me so much, there were even a couple of times the guys attempted to gang rape me. SCARY! 
So, as an E-2, my commander gave me BAQ & ordered me to move off base and to NOT disclose my address to anyone, for my own safety. There were 2 very cool, very mature guys I knew who needed a room mate to share a large house with them 12 miles from base in a gated community. PERFECT!
That was when I discovered that SOME guys could be decent human beings. There was a papaya tree & a banana tree in the back yard. So, I also discovered papayas! YUM!
When the first 3 became ripe, me & my roomies each had one. I was hooked! Hawai'ian papaya has a very distinct taste from those from Mexico, Peru or Costa Rica. I like it better.
Ya know what is said about pizza, sex or beer. Yup. Even if it's not that great, it's still pretty dam good! Same goes for papaya in my opinion. 
Papaya is a slice of heaven to me. Usually, the ones from Mexico are not that good. They are pale in color, less flavor. If the tree was in less rich soil and/or the tree received less water than it needed, the fruit will be a bit dry, slightly bitter, somewhat bland.
Today, this papaya is the bomb.com!
Juicy, bursting with flavor, pure, natural ~ delish!

Vitamin C is so powerful. It keeps inner organs healthy & strong. Causes collagen production in skin to give a person that "glow" of health, of vitality. Vit C also boosts a bodys' immune system, fighting off illness, depression, even causing calcium to work double duty to strengthen bones. So, if I am addicted to pure, natural forms of vitamin C, it's wonderful!
I'm juicing exclusively 3 - 4 days per week. It's quite amazing. Vegetables only.
Mostly cucumbers, ginger root, carrots, bell peppers, broccoli, spinach, green beans, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, herbs.

I found that from a base of juicing 4 cucumbers with ginger root, the silica is highly concentrated in cucumbers. i have been doing this nearly every day since the end of  February. In addition to that, 1 lb of fresh carrots sometimes with ginger root, sometimes without. The vitamins in just these 2 vegetables are so very nourishing, make me feel fantastic!

Today, I had a bit of a sweet tooth, so, papaya super jazzed my taste buds. 
Oh, yeah, I have broken down slightly for some occasional processed sugar, yet, not near as much as I used to. I find myself feeling a bit of "brain fog" the next day, a sugar hangover!
Yup! Sugar hangover is a very real feeling, a very real condition, I have felt it. Remembering that I basically felt like crap after indulging out of habit, in processed sugar, I bought papaya instead of chocolate. Instead of York Peppermint Patties, on sale after all!
The papaya took me back to the first taste I had of this wonderful fruit.
The papaya also centered me in this day, here, the now. In the reasons why I'm striving for greater health, a more fit body, clearer thinking mind. The mouth is the gate-way to the body.
It's more than just a juicy, delicious treat, it's a helper to greater health. Baby steps. Little by little.

Whenever you put anything in your mouth you are feeding disease or you are allowing the power of nourishment to fight premature aging, disease, obesity, diabetes and just generally feeling like crap! 

I say, nourish the body, nourish the mind!

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...