Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Just Another Victim of TSA Theft

It's been in the news a lot, for a few years! That's how long it's been going on.....maybe longer.

TSA Theft.

It became a bit more personal to me on May 3, 2017.

A fellow military veteran and I were the fortunate recipients of an all expenses paid 3 days in Albany, New York to participate in a program for veterans.

As I needed to keep an eye on my various money makers online, I took a new laptop that I had only purchased a week earlier.
It was a bit cumbersome to carry, so, I wrapped it in 3 layers of bubble wrap, before strapping it down securely in my checked baggage. When leaving New York, I wrapped it in bubble wrap, again.

Everything was fine, the trip to Albany, NY went fine. 

Upon returning home, to Texas, to unpack my suitcase, I saw that the bubble wrap had been slit opened & my laptop was not there. The thief didn't take the charging cord. Must have been in a hurry so they didn't get caught stealing my laptop.

I called the hotel we had stayed in, I called a few other places, to no avail.

I called American Airlines, who told me I had to file a claim with the TSA.

It was very time consuming as well as a bit expensive to download & print their 7 page claim form.
Then, there was, making copies of checked baggage tags, luggage receipt, itinerary.....on and on and on.

Did I do it?

Dam straight -  I did!

Initially, the first correspondence from the TSA only occurred 2 months after filing a claim.
Part of the delay was that they sent the letter to the wrong address. 
Such incompetence when it isn't your money!

Since it looked as though my claim was being ignored, I contacted my congressman, Jodey Arrington for assistance.

Having now received 2 identical letters, from the TSA, denying that the theft occurred, I'm angry!

People wonder why so many citizens are so mistrustful of those in positions of authority?

This is only one example of what can happen.

I will fight this,!

Whoever has stolen my laptop will get their dose of karma. 

One thing I know for certain, I will never check a bag when traveling, again. 

$25. checked baggage fee paid, only to be robbed by someone in a position of trust!

Hopefully, Congressman Jodey Arrington can help.


No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...