Thursday, October 5, 2017

Sweet Things

It all started when Eve supposedly offered an apple to Adam, he took it, bit into it and it was sweet & delicious.
So, it began!
The relationship between people & sugar!

Having read Sugar Nation by Jeff O'Connell, it was informative as well as very supportive. What I have been discovering about sugar, diabetes, obesity and how it can all be overcome is astounding!

Convincing me was a little hop & skip. Getting me on a roll after that was a slick slide, gathering speed as I progressed onward!

HEY! I enjoy sugar & the sweet sensation just as much as everyone, yet, in the research I have done on my own, I know the danger of it.
The guilt from consuming as well as serving peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, mac & cheese, etc is heavy on my heart.

Peanut butter & jelly sandwich = Sugar sandwich, no bueno!
Mac & cheese = Death sentence for diabetics
Giving full sugar sodas & juices to children = Set up for obesity

I did all three of these in total ignorance. Dang, do I feel bad, now!

There is hope!

With all the studying & research I have done, now, I have changed my own habits. Aside from slipping up a few times, going for the sugar offered to me, I have resolved to be stronger starting October 1, 2017.

It's a new day!
New month!
New start!

I know that the 2 sources that contribute to belly fat are sugar & dairy. The sad facts are that these 2 are together quite often to create a double threat to health.
Even pets such as dogs & cats are commonly under threat of obesity!

Being just one person, it's my responsibility to clean up my diet, turn away from sugar addiction ~
aka legal heroin. 

Working out to become more fit, more lean, more healthy will be for naught if the sugar addiction is still with me. 

The legal heroin is everywhere, in nearly everything, so it's important to exercise due diligence, label reading!

Some small tweaks I'm making.

Trading roasted, unsalted cashews for walnuts of the same ilk.
Oatmeal with cinnamon or nutmeg in place of honey.
Only green apples instead of any variety of red.
Eating a medium size meal before going to social events.
(It creates a stau to temptation)
Going to bed early, rising early, Ben Franklin had a good point!

I may think of more, later, this is it for now!

Jeff O'Connell is a great writer, his work at Bodybuilding.com is an eye opener, thank you, Jeff!



2 comments:

  1. Hi, i know this might be a bit offhand, but I chanced upon your blog an hour back, and i'm very impressed by the amount of spirit and joie-de-vive you have especially since you post so regularly(oui, je suis Indien et je parle francais, and the sprinkling of french in your posts makes it seem like you do too :))
    Anyhoo, just wanted shoutout to you for being inspiring to people around the planet. Do reply if you wanna talk about life in general, i'd love to get some expert advice from relationships to fitness!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading & commenting. Also, thank you for your encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...