Monday, October 30, 2017

Love & Encouragement

Aren't we all only human?

Doesn't encouragement help everyone?

Am I on track with this?

When I finally...finally, was tired of feeling tired with back pain, knee pain, foot pain. Tired of having difficulty breathing from simply walking up a flight of 10 stairs.

Also, the pain of the embarrassment when a flight attendant asked me if I would like to move to a seat where I could put the armrest up to "give me more room". 
I was so big that sitting in a regular sized airlines seat on a flight to Las Vegas, Nevada, was very uncomfortable.

The weight had crept up on me.

I knew it was time to do SOMETHING!

To be candid, exactly WHAT to do was unclear to me, I only knew I had to make some permanent changes.

When my father passed on, there was some money from his estate. 

Unfortunately, I believed the ex huzz when he promised to split the money from the sale of his parents home in Honolulu if I would give him half of what I received. Of course, words, promises, integrity, mean nothing to the ex huzz. When it comes to honoring his word, it's a crap shoot!
Not only did I never see a dime of the money I put into the home we owned, I never received any $$ from the sale of his parents home in exchange for giving him 1/2 of my inheritance.

The half of the money I had, went to a gym & 10 sessions with a Personal Trainer. I needed SOMETHING to start me up.

The P.T. was the only encouragement I had from anyone. 

There were many nay-sayers, discouragers, saboteurs, only *ONE* person who encouraged me when I was getting started. I will, forever be grateful to my first P.T.!

FFWD to 2017, baby!

Going back in time to glean encouragement is unlikely. 

With all of the knowledge I have obtained about health, fitness, as well as many other areas, I can be the one who encourages others who are starting their journey!

Today, a girl who I see, around town, regularly, came into the gym. She told me of her desire to get started toward being healthier, more fit, more lean.

Like me?

To look so good, nekkid, I turn myself on just looking in a mirror!

HAH!

However......she DID want to get started.

I felt the compassion inside me surge! I wanted to share with her, what I found that worked for me, is STILL working! I wanted to help her so much, I knew I had to temper it, so, I bought a bottle of water for her. Cheers!

More than anything, I want to be the encouragement  for her, that was absent from my fitness journey.

The road is wide open, full speed, ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...