Thursday, October 12, 2017

Daydreams & Nightdreams

Do you, even if only sometimes, perhaps, enjoy a long sleepathon during the day?
This is not a nap, this is full on REM sleep, here, peeps!

When there has been some emotional pain, such as there was, for me, last Friday, October 6th, I find that a bit of extra mattress time (the G-Rated one) helps.
There's just something wonderful about giving myself permission to soak in a tub of hot water around noon, then, curling up in my bed to drift into slumber.
That's what I did starting last Saturday, after some very pain filled news on Friday.
As a single girl, alone in the world, I know how to tend to my own soul. 
When dealt a painful emotional blow, extra rest is needed.

Something I have found is that when I sleep during the day, my dreams are significantly different from the dream content of those dreamed during night sleep.

The dreams during the day seem more real, focus on real content. Dreams from day sleep also alter my moods as well as my life perspective somewhat more. Daysleep gives me a feeling of newness that makes it a smooth ride from injured & hurting to softening the blows to moving on. Shaking it off!

After passing through the extra sleep mode, I go into working it like a gym goddess. Going a bit harder, pushing myself more. Visiting the Church of The Elliptical for 2-3 times per day!

This is my personal coping mechanism to deal with anything emotionally, mentally or spiritually painful.

Afterward?

In place of the extra blubber hitting the ice cream would have packed on, I snap out of it feeling better!

After all, it's really a choice, idn't it?

Healthy Choice, the life, not the frozen meal.

Better choices, better health, better feelz! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...