Monday, October 16, 2017

Ch ch changes!

Can you fill in the blank?

If you're not growing, you're __________.

More dialogue about that to follow.

Yesterday, during a phone conversation, the loved one I was conversing with, pointed out how much I have changed since leaving the abusive marriage I ended 10 years ago. 

The loved one told me that it was rather disconcerting that I had changed so much that it was unsettling for her as well as the rest of the people in my life.

This person, herself, has changed in so many ways. Instead of feeling unsettled about it, I'm expected to roll with it, embrace it, accept it while these "others" seem to be of the opinion that myself, while accepting the changes in others, am not given the same privilege, if you will.

Change is something I have learned to accept as well as embrace!

As I witness people around me growing, changing evolving, right there with the rest of the world, I accept it.

The person I was conversing with still has a relationship of sorts with the ex huzz. Therefore, pointing out to her that the person she knew was who he forced me to be, is a no go.

Giving any of my energy to ex huzz by trash talking him is a waste of my energy. He talks crap about me constantly, even 10 years post split up. 
It gets back to me. I pity him. 
He even avoided & told a pack of lies to avoid going to his own daughters wedding this past June. Poor baby.

I digress.

Having shed the misery weight gained in a bad marriage ~
I'm now a gym bunny!

Forming a more healthy relationship with food. Being single & living alone has its perks. Raiding cupboards, fridge, freezer & pantry ~ if it was processed, overly salty, sugary, I threw it away, gave it away or donated it.

My decor changed from fru-fru Victorian to simple elegant stream lined organization-ish. 
Very zen or some would say good feng shui.

I used to cling to the past, fear for the future, walking on thin ice, trying to stay afloat. Being gas-lighted will do that.

My question is that, doesn't everyone, no matter what their status is, doesn't everyone have the unalienable right to grow, to change, to be who they choose to become? 
Whether the person is a parent or childless.
Older or younger.
Of any and all races, creeds, religions.

People, if they are not, should adopt a more thelemic approach to life as well as their fellow beings.
If one person has a problem with another persons desire to learn, to grow, to evolve, it's on the nay-sayer.

Lead, follow, or gth outta the way!

Oh
And

If you're not growing, you're dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...