Friday, January 15, 2016

Engaged


It seems like everyone I talk to is engaged. Either engaged or totally unengaged! Seems kinda odd.

They tell me the details of what they're doing, who they're doing or want to be doing. Okay, it's a bit TMI for me. 
In all honesty? 
I don't want to know.
Why?
Here's why.
I love to hear good news of the happiness in peoples lives. Engagements, births, weddings, graduations, new jobs. It's inevitable that they will, at some point in the conversation turn to me. Asking me, what about you?
UGH.
My least fave topic to discuss. Me!
People expect me to tell them I'm dating someone or making a lot of money or doing something fabulous.
Truth time.
I'm doing something fabulous every day. Working myself into a hard sweat at the gym, which not enough people do.
Making it on my own in a harsh, cruel world as a single girl, which most women have a difficult time understanding, much less actually doing. Seems as though most people have difficulty going solo. As if they feel incomplete unless there is a "significant other" in their life. If that works for them, awesome. I'm more of an introspective.
A tigress who has earned her stripes. Who will continue to earn her way in the world as long as her heart is beating.
Sculpting my body into one that looks better naked than it does with clothes on.
Enriching my mind with topics that are new to me, exciting, empowering.
Volunteering my time to walk dogs that need to get out, at the Humane Society.
Thinking outside the box.
There'll be enough time in the box when I'm dead or feeding the fish in the ocean!

Yes, I'm engaged. 
Engaged in the every day joy of living fully, enriching myself, mind, body, spirit. Many people believe in life after death, yet, they never fully live.

*****************************************

I will dare to live my dream
To be more down deep 
Than I seem

I will give my time and my care
To those in need
Everywhere

I will think more of my neighbors needs
Than I do of my own
With kindly deeds

When the time comes I no longer exist
I'll perhaps be forgotten
I'd rather be missed

*******************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...