Wednesday, January 27, 2016

The Puppy Principle


As spoken of in yesterdays blog entry, today, the Puppy Principle will be shared.
Did you smile?
I felt a smile.
Lots of sweet puppies out there!

I'm a simple girl. Although I have lived & traveled all over the USA, Europe, Central America. 
Cut me some slack.

This is my own theory of how to live a happier life. I'm going to ask you to visualize 4 people, sitting on the floor, 6 feet apart as if sitting at the 4 corners of a square. In the center is a puppy of about 9 weeks of age. The puppy goes to the first person, seeking a pat on the head, maybe a cuddle. The person looks at the puppy with disgust.

"Ew! Get away, you smell. I don't like dogs!"

The puppy walks to the second person 6 feet away. The person says:

"I like dogs, but, I don't like you."

The puppy walks to the next person, again, 6 feet away. Hoping this person will be kinder than the other 2. The puppy approaches the person. The person regards the puppy with a smile. The puppy inches closer, thinking, this person likes me. The person really does like the puppy. As puppy approaches, the person says:

"You're a very cute puppy, I'll pet you, but I'm too busy right now"

The puppy walks away, feeling a bit sad, yet, understands. As Puppy approaches the last person, the person smiles. They stroke the puppy's head, rub the puppy's back. Finally the 4th person says:

"You are such a sweet puppy, you are just the puppy I have wanted. Will you go on a walk with me so we can get to know each other?"

Who do you think the puppy will go to? Stick closer to?

The fourth person. The one who likes the puppy, acts like they like the puppy and verbally acknowledges the puppy. 

Many people in the world will go with person #1, seeking to change that persons mind. 

Some will go to person #2, again, seeking approval, validation, trying to get that person to love them so that they feel worthy. They have never truly learned to love themselves, yet, expect others to value them more than they value themselves.

Then there are some people who go to person #3. They, again, try to change that persons mind, seeking their approval, desperately hoping to be loved, to be validated. They base their self worth upon approval from others, instead of being grounded within themselves.

People who are grounded within themselves, having no desperate need to be loved. Having self love, self respect. They only go toward people of the #4 category.

This is my own little theory, I call it ~ 

The Puppy Principle

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...