Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Matthew

Matthew 

What is it about the name? Its meaning is "Gift from God". The guys I have known who were named Matthew were really exceptional people. The first boy I ever saw naked. I was only a very innocent 12, he was 18. It was by accident! He was so...gorgeous, rugged, with a gleaming smile. He was at the private beach behind his parents home, skinny dipping. Just casually walking up out of the water wearing nothing except a smile! I was frozen with shock, awe.....something else, too. Hmm.
He looked at me, puzzled, "What ? You look like you never saw a naked guy, before!....o shit! You haven't, have you?"
Nodding my head, no. Still too shocked to speak. He had his clothes on, now. He was very contrite.

Then there's my favorite cousin, Matthew. Such an accomplished man. Deep compassion, great sense of humor. He's very special.

Matthew, who I dated for a few months after I had been in Hawai'i for 6 months. He made me feel as if I was so important. He called me "precious". Brought white roses every time we went out. He went back to Colorado on leave, had a ons with his ex from 
10th-12th grade. She was preggo, he felt he had to do the right thing, which was to marry her. The 14 page letter he wrote to me, was gut wrenching. He did the right thing. I burned the letter that night. I heard the baby was stillborn & he committed suicide later.

Then there was Matthew, who I knew briefly, following divorcing an abusive male. I was a mess, he was a mess. He was incredibly cognizant that we were both in a bad place. He was newly divorced as was I. We were both deeply lonely.
No sex, however, many nights of good conversation after dinner, all night, fireside, in my townhouse.

Recently, when a GF visited, taking her out for a birthday dinner, our server was so attentive. Just 19......so charmingly attractive. Of course his name was Matthew. 

What else could it possibly be???

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...