Tuesday, August 20, 2019

The Man

                                      


He calls and texts me late at night when the world is asleep
He knows that I will be awake with the crazy hours I keep
We speak of life of love of things we both hold most precious
We speak of lovely thoughts we have that delight and refresh us
I could have never known how much he would mean to me 
I was in a dark place when he saved my life,oh, what was to be
Us humans can be such queer creatures made up of way more
Us people who struggle with life death taxes can be such a bore
Late in the night I hear the ring tone that I have assigned to him
As he calls on me irregularly at the end of his day on a whim
I love his words his laugh his ways of being so firm so very kind
He is one of those I will never forget could never leave him behind


1 comment:

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...