Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Worm Song

Do you remember The Worm Song? It's kind of like the stereotyping Baby Shark song of today. 
Both are just as annoying. Just as wrong.

If you never heard it, it goes like this.

Nobody likes me
Everybody hates me
I'm gonna eat some worms
Big ones 
Little ones
Ooshy -Gooshy- Squishy ones
I'm gonna eat worms and die
Because nobody likes me
Everybody hates me
I'm gonna eat worms and die


Did that jog your memory?

From a practical point of view, in survival school, it is taught that eating worms is actually a great source of protein as long as you eat the right ones. Just sayin'.
Ask Pumbaa. Slimy yet satisfying. Ha ha!




In this world of trillions of people, there are going to be people who don't like you as well as people who like you.
People who won't like you no matter what you do.
People who will like you just for being you.

That's the way the world is, the way people are.

It kinda stinks at times, sometimes it's best to just carry on & not give a rip who likes/loves you & who doesn't like/love you.

It can become tricky when that person is a family member, someone who clearly doesn't like you no matter what you say or what you do. It's their problem yet it can pose a problem for you.

Case in point ~ My eldest child's husband despises me. He doesn't have to say a word, it's clearly expressed in his actions. He hampers my daughters communication with me as well as other family members. 
My daughter will ask him to keep an eye on their 4 children so that she can have a conversation with me. He agrees to it, then locks himself in his office to play on the computer, he's locked everyone out. Of course, her 4 children are running around, fighting, screaming, getting into things. He knows it will make a conversation with me shorter, so, although he has agreed to watch their children, he just lied, all to keep my daughter from a relationship with her mother.
He's insecure, possessive, very controlling, wants her  & their 4 children, all to himself. 
This is quite sad, as he is depriving his 4 children of a relationship with me that could enrich them. If someone is to have a relationship with a small child, they must have a relationship in good standing with BOTH parents. 
If he gets pissed off at reading this, nothing much will happen. My daughter and I have only spoken on the phone twice since December 2018.
Maybe, someday, he will put away childish things, realize his errors, before it's too late. I can hope.

Now, the other sort ~ There is a friend who I have known for most of my life. She is someone who is there for me no matter what. 
Oh, I have done some bonehead things, yet, she still loves me in spite of that.
She also cares enough to call me out on a faux pas.
She helped me to curb what she calls, my acid tongue. She was right! 
Mm Hm.
Her loving friendship has no limits. No limit of money, time, counsel, good advice & emotional support.
She's a keeper!

What do you do, when you sense that someone doesn't like you? From my experience, nothing! Carry on being you!
Oh, I tried to bring the son in law around with gifts, trying to get to know him. All he did was pump me for information, then, do research to prove to himself that I was lying whether I was, or not. He creates his own reality, that's all it is.
Typical insecure move. 
Discrediting me to make him feel better about himself or at least better than me. 
If someone is searching for truth, they will find truth.
If someone is looking to discredit someone, they will find ways to discredit someone. That person, doesn't like the one they are seeking to discredit. This can apply to any situation.

Personally? I don't give a #2.

Instead of being outraged, I was busting up laughing on the inside. I witnessed someone struggling to feel secure by putting someone else down, namely me, while revealing who they are. A deeply immature & insecure male, feeling threatened by his wife's mother. Sad.

To quote the song by Kelis ~ You don't have to love me, you don't even have to like me but you WILL respect me.
  http://smarturl.it/KelisSpot?IQid=Kel...


I will concentrate on those who do like me, who do love me & pay a modicum of attention to those who don't.  Acknowledging them as fellow beings, on their own path in life.
We are all on our own path, I will continue on mine.

Eating worms is absent from my foreseeable future. tyvm.

Hakuna Matata, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ & Me

Animals are such wonders; most are truly gifts from God.  I mean that.   Loving animals as I do, being able to communicate with them during ...